The Intel® SPMD Program Compiler (ispc) provides a number of key features to developers:
- Familiarity as an extension of the C programming language: ispc supports familiar C syntax and programming idioms, while adding the ability to write SPMD programs.
- High-quality SIMD code generation: the performance of code generated by ispc is often close to that of hand-written intrinsics code.
- Ease of adoption with existing software systems: functions written in ispc directly interoperate with application functions written in C/C++ and with application data structures.
- Portability across over a decade of CPU generations: ispc has targets for the Intel® SSE2, SSE4, AVX, and AVX2 instruction sets.
- Portability across operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux are all supported by ispc.
- Debugging with standard tools: ispc programs can be debugged with standard debuggers. OS X, Linux and Windows are supported (but debugging support on Windows is limitted).